Makes 2 servings
• 4 slices of Boss Hog, No Nitrite Hickory Smoked Bacon, cooked and chopped (save the bacon drippings to add to the dressing)
• 4 cups of organic arugula
• 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice, from a fresh lemon
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Half pound of fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
In a large salad bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and bacon drippings. Wisk together for about 1 minute. Next, place the arugula and bacon pieces in the bowl, and toss altogether with the dressing.
With a vegetable peeler, shave sheets of Parmesan cheese onto the salad. You can use as little as 2 sheets or as much as 6 or 7.
It really depends on how much you like.