Low Carb Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
- 5 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of Dream Protein ( whey) vanilla
- 1/2 cup full fat, organic milk or full-fat organic coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Stevia or Lohan, to taste
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée, unsweetened
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Coconut oil ( for the pan)
In a large bowl, whisk together protein powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and Lohan or stevia. Next, in a smaller bowl, add pumpkin, eggs, coconut oil and milk. Stir to incorporate. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix thoroughly. The batter will be thick. If it is extremely thick, add 1/4 cup of milk and stir.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan and allow to melt. Next, add 1/3 cup scoops of batter into the skillet. You should be able to fit about 4 pancakes. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and edges are not runny. Remove from the pan and serve.