Turkey Avocado Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1 pound organic ground turkey
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 organic avocado, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup organic grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Four tablespoons organic parsley, for garnishing (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 organic lettuce leaves, romaine works best
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add onion and oil and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Next, add turkey, salt, pepper and stir. Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to large bowl.
- Add in tomatoes, avocado, parsley and stir to incorporate.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the turkey mixture into the center of the lettuce leaf, similar to a taco.
Makes 4 servings