- 1 flank steak (grass fed), about 16 ounces
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Whiff cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 2-ounce can anchovies in oil, (reserve oil)
- 6 large cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 green onion and top, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- Rub steak with 1 tablespoon lime juice and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cayenne, 10 minutes before cooking.
- Heat olive oil and oil from canned anchovies in large, heavy skillet over high heat.
- When hot, add steak and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add water and boil 30 seconds, wiping up bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Swirl butter into the pan and melt.
- Pour over steak, sprinkle with more lime juice, and cut into thin slices and serve on warmed plates.
Fat: 15.3 grams
Carbs: 1.9 grams
Fiber: .02 grams