Here is a lovely dessert you can use to boost your mood after meals or you can even use it as a snack whenever you like.
Makes about 6 servings
• 4 cups (1 quart) heavy cream
• 6 separated large eggs
• ¼ teaspoon cream tartar
• 6 packets sugar substitute (or to taste)
• ¼ teaspoon of salt
• 2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon of almond extract
• Ground cinnamon on top
• Blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spritz a 4-quart casserole of 6 individual ramekins with buttery cooking spray and set it aside.
2. Place a large pan with 1 inch of water in the middle of the lower rack of the oven to preheat.
3. Pour cream into a microwave-safe bowl and heat at 100% power for four minutes. Alternatively, heat stovetop to just under the boil.
4. Meanwhile, beat egg whites with cream tartar and salt until soft peaks form.
5. In a large separate bowl, beat egg yolks with sweetener until well-blended then pour in hot cream and beat a moment. Season with vanilla and almond extracts. Fold beaten egg whites into this mixture.
6. Pour into prepared casserole or ramekins, top with a sprinkling of ground cinnamon, cover with buttered parchment paper, and place in the water bath and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Serve custard warm or cold in a dessert dish with a side of fresh berries. Top with whipped cream if you wish.