Bright Mediterranean flavors bring hints of the Middle East to these luscious chops.
Makes 4 Servings
• 1 cup fresh basil leaves
• 1 tablespoon grated Parmigiano
• 2 tablespoons pine nuts
• 2 cloves garlic, smashed
• 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
• 4-4 ounce lamb chops
• Kosher salt and freshly milled black pepper
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Position knife blade in food processor bowl. Add basil, parmigiano, pine nuts and garlic. Process until smooth.
2. Transfer mixture to a small bowl, stir in yogurt.
3. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Heat grill, then coat the grill rack with vegetable cooking spray.
5. Season chops with salt and pepper then cook 5 minutes per side or until medium rare.
6. Serve with a dollop of pesto on each chop. Garnish with fresh basil sprigs.