Once you’ve succeeded with the full fat fast, you should strive for nine 1/2 cup servings of colorful vegetables and fruits each day.
Its time to get some color into your diet. And remember, the deeper and richer the color, the healthier. Broccoli, the queen of vegetables is a good place to start. Yesterday, I bought two crowns of broccoli, brought it home, whacked off the woody stems and put it into a skillet with a bit of olive oil and a little water. Covered it and let it cook just until tender, less than 5 minutes. Ran it under cold water to set the color then put it in the refrigerator for days worth of an instant and healthy vegetable.
Other great green choices are kale, collards, escarole, broccoli raab, and spinach. Cook them the same way, in a skillet with a bit of olive oil, a little water, cover and steam just a few moments, then run under cold water. Great tasting hot or cold. Dress with olive oil, mayonnaise, or vinegar, or some combination of them.
Another great choice are the peppers. For sweet peppers, choose green, yellow, or orange bells. For those who like a little kick, you can begin going up the Scoville scale from mild to maddeningly hot, as your palate prefers. But with any of the peppers you get a big jolt of vitamin C and a lot of interest in the diet.
Stuffed Peppers are a great choice for an all-in-one dinner that’s truly fantastic.
STUFFED PEPPERS WITH TURKEY
Choose organic vegetables and eggs and grass fed meat if possible
- 1 large bell pepper per person, red, orange, or green, top cut off and seeds removed
- Stuff each pepper with a couple tablespoons of raw ground turkey, pork, and/or beef.
Mix the meat with generous serving of salt and cracked black pepper. Stir in a tablespoon olive oil.
- Saute a couple tablespoons onion and garlic in a bit of butter and mix with the meat.
- Break an egg into the mixture and squish it together with your hands.
- Stuff the pepper, place it in a baking dish with a couple tablespoons water. Spread raw bacon over the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Serve at once.