- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk or a blend of coconut almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon MCT oil or Extra Virgin Coconut oil, preferably Organic
- 3-4 ounces of Simply Lite Chocolate, chopped into small pieces, Or any low carb or bakers chocolate will do fine, too.
- 4 tablespoon of full fat Coconut milk, Tropical Traditions brand works great. If you can tolerate dairy, use 4 tablespoons of Organic Grass fed Heavy Cream instead.
- 1 teaspoon of Organic Vanilla Extract, Frontier or Simply Organic brands works great
- Stevia or Xylitol (liquid or powder) to taste, optional
- Cinnamon, optional
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the coconut milk, cream and vanilla extract to a simmer. Once it’s hot, (but not boiling), add the chocolate pieces and stir until completely melted. This should take 1-2 minutes. Next, add in the Stevia (liquid or powder), the MCT oil or coconut oil and stir. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool for a bit. Next, grab one of your favorite mugs, fill it up and enjoy!
Now, if you like a frothy whipped hot chocolate, you can put it all into a Vitamix blender, (or any blender should do just fine), and pulse on high for a minute or two. WARNING: You must wait until it cools down before you put it in the blender. It can explode and burn you.
Next, serve into your favorite mugs, fill it up and enjoy!