Yield: 24 truffles
Serving Size: 2 truffles
• Half recipe caramel sauce (1/2 cup)
• 1 1/4 cup pecans, toasted
• 1 1/2 cups almond flour
• 1/3 cup powdered erythritol sweetener
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 bar GREEN & BLACK’S ORGANIC 85% Dark Chocolate, chopped
1. Prepare caramel sauce according to directions (you can make a full batch, just use 1/2 cup for this recipe and refrigerate the leftovers). Let cool about 10 minutes.
2. In a food processor or chopper, finely chop pecans. They should be mostly ground with some slightly larger pieces. Reserve about 3 tbsp of chopped pecans for springing and transfer remaining to a large bowl.
3. Add almond flour, powdered sweetener, and salt to bowl. Whisk to combine.
4. Stir in caramel sauce until dough begins to clump together. Using about 1 tbsp of dough at a time, squeeze together with your hands and then roll into balls.
5. Place balls on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
6. Set a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Add chopped chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
7. Working with one ball at a time, dip into melted chocolate and toss to coat. Lift with a fork and gently tap against the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Quickly sprinkle each ball with a little of the reserved chopped pecans before the chocolate sets.
8. Refrigerate until set. Serve at room temperature for best taste and texture (can be stored in the fridge).
For the full recipe, get it here…
Total fat: 22.65g
Total dietary fiber: 3.62g
Total Net Carbs: 4.99