This can be served warm or cold. The cream can be sweetened with stevia and dusted with cocoa butter before serving. For the marathon phase, add a few berries on the side.
Makes about 12 servings
• ½ cup Dutch process European pure unsweetened cocoa
• 6oz 70% cacao dark chocolate
• 1 cup unsalted butter
• 10 packets (or to taste) stevia
• 4 large eggs, separated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line one 9-inch removable bottom cake tin with parchment paper and generously coat the paper with butter.
2. Break the chocolate into pieces and melt it with butter and cocoa over hot water stirring with a rubber spatula.
3. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar substitute until light. Fold in the melted butter and chocolate mixture.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into the prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, approximately 40 minutes.
6. Use a knife to separate the cake from the non-stick paper.
7. Please observe that the cake is quite sticky.