Just like going out to eat where you ask them to leave the rice to the side, this time, you’ll just serve this in a bowl and enjoy it without any additional carbs.
Makes 6 servings ready to serve in less than 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, divided
- 1 pound boneless beef steak, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, white or black
Combine half soy sauce and cornstarch in a bowl, whisk until smooth. Add beef, rubbing mixture into all surfaces.
Combine remaining soy, cornstarch, broth and hoisin, rice vinegar, dark oil, and red pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a large skillet then sauté beef, stirring about 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a warm bowl. Add remaining oil to skillet and stir-fry the bell pepper, asparagus, and green onion until crisp-tender. Add beef and broth mixture and cook until hot through, about 30 seconds. Serve at once sprinkled with sesame seeds.