Choose large, meaty sea scallops for ease of preparation. Remember this Gremolata, which is simply a Mediterranean mix of fresh herbs. This also works well with other protein choices such as lamb, chicken, and turkey.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lb. large sea scallops
- Sea salt and freshly milled black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
Season scallops with salt and pepper on a paper towel. Heat half the oil in a large skillet then sear the scallops until brown on the edges, about 3-4 minutes, 2 minutes on each side. Move to a warm dish.
Add remaining oil, shallots and sauté 1 minute, and then add wine, lemon, parsley, chives and basil. Heat 1 minute, then pour over scallops and serve.