If you are looking for a healthy pick me up, with some green snuck in, check out this easy to make, delicious no-bake cacao coconut energy squares recipe. These cacao coconut energy squares contain just the right amount of healthy fat, protein, and sweetness to keep you going! Plus, there’s nothing better than knowing what went into each and every square, and that love is the main ingredient.
No-Bake Cacao Coconut Energy Squares Recipe
• 10-12 pitted dates
• 1 cup shredded coconut flakes
• 1 cup hemp seeds
• 4 Tbsp. cacao powder (adjust to taste)
• 2 Tbsp. melted unrefined coconut oil
• 2 Tbsp. ghee
• 2 cups nuts of your choice (almonds, pecans, cashews, etc.)
• 1 Tbsp. organic vanilla extract
• 2 Tbsp. maple syrup (adjust to taste)
• ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
• 1 Tbsp. chlorella
• ¼ cup cacao nibs
1. Place dates, coconut, and nuts into a food processor and process for about 30 seconds.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients, minus the cacao nibs, and process until the mixture is well combined.
3. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed. If the dough feels too dry, add more coconut oil or a little bit of water.
4. Add cacao nibs and mix for a few seconds. You want the cacao nibs to get mixed in, not broken up more.
5. Take a baking sheet or a Pyrex dish and line it with parchment paper. Make sure you leave some extra to hang over the sides.
6. Pour or scoop the mixture into the pan or baking sheet, spread and press the mixture firmly down across the entire pan. Try to keep the mixture as level as possible.
7. Use a knife to cut the ‘dough’ into squares. You can cut them big or small-your choice!
8. Cover the pan or sheet, and place in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
9. You can either keep the energy squares in the pan, or you can remove them once solid to put in a smaller container. Enjoy!