There’s nothing better than cooling off on a hot summer day with a refreshing drink, especially when it’s with a glass of lemonade. A summertime favorite, lemonade can make a person nostalgic of their childhood, especially if they ever ran a lemonade stand. However, if you are looking for a new twist on a classic, watermelon lemonade is the perfect balance of tart and sweet. Best of all, watermelon juice is a great way to rehydrate on a hot, humid day, especially since watermelon contains much-needed electrolytes. Creating the perfect combination for any hot summer day, but luckily, this watermelon lemonade recipe is simple and easy to make.
Stay hydrated and refreshed this summer with this light and refreshing drink. This watermelon lemonade recipe is the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day.
Summertime Watermelon Lemonade Recipe
• 1 cup of sugar (adjust to taste)
• 4-6 cups of water
• 6 cups of cubed, seedless watermelon
• 1 cup of lemon juice
• Ice (optional-for serving)
• Fresh mint (optional-for serving)
1. Add watermelon cubes into a blender or food processor, and blend until the watermelon is pureed.
2. Strain pureed watermelon through a fine mesh strainer. Discard the pulp.
3. Pour 4 cups of the watermelon juice into a pitcher.
4. Add the lemon juice into the pitcher and mix well. If you choose to make fresh lemon juice, juice four large lemons to get one cup, and strain.
5. Add water into the pitcher. Just make sure to leave some room for the sugar!
6. While stirring, add the sugar and mix well. Sweeten the watermelon lemonade to desired taste.
7. Serve immediately. If desired, serve over ice and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
8. Refrigerate pitcher when finished. However, the watermelon lemonade will separate as it sits so before you pour another glass, make sure you stir up the lemonade before serving.