There are many of us who can’t resist eating dessert, especially brownies. However, despite the fantastic taste, in many cases indulging in a decadent dessert can leave us with feelings of regret. Highly processed, sugar-filled desserts are detrimental to your waistline and your overall health. Luckily, there are ways to make healthier, guilt-free treats to help satisfy your cravings. So if you are looking for a better way to eat brownies, you need to try out a recipe for flourless sweet potato nut brownies.
If you are looking for a delightful, yet healthy recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth, try out these delicious flourless sweet potato nut brownies!
Flourless Sweet Potato Nut Brownies Recipe
• 1 cup of almond butter (can substitute for another nut butter or nut butter substitute)
• ¾ cup of sweet potato puree (1 large sweet potato)
• 2 Tbsp. of ground flaxseeds
• ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. of cacao powder
• 6 Tbsp. of water
• ½ cup of maple syrup or honey
• 2 tsp of vanilla extract
• ½ tsp of baking soda
• Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper, or spray the pan with cooking spray.
3. Gently heat your nut butter or nut butter substitute until it is easily stir-able.
4. In a small mixing bowl or cup, add the water and ground flaxseeds, and mix well.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine the vanilla extract, honey (or maple syrup), and the sweet potato puree. Mix well.
6. Add in the flaxseed mix and the nut butter, and stir until well combined.
7. In a separate bowl, mix the cacao powder, baking soda, and the salt.
8. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
9. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and spread out evenly with a spatula.
10. Bake on the center top rack for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out relatively clean.
11. Allow brownies to cool before serving. As the brownies cool, they will firm up.
12. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.