Top Ten Easy Fast Weight Loss Tips From Dr. Salerno
When patients come to my office, I have found it helps them to understand a few, quick and easy ways to jump start their diet. Here’s what I tell ’em.
- First things first, weigh and measure yourself and write it down.
- Make water your favorite drink. A person must have a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day. Avoid soft drinks or carbonated beverages. Fill a 64 ounce container with water and make sure you’ve drunk it all before bedtime. Any left? Drink it down.
- Don’t stuff yourself with food in a single sitting; instead choose 5 to 6 small meals or snacks in a day. Eating several small meals helps the body to release less insulin, which keeps blood sugar steady and helps to control hunger
- Avoid white foods as they contain large amounts of refined carbohydrates, which may further lead to weight gain. Replace white sugar, white rice, and white flour with nutrient dense natural protein and fats, bright colored vegetables, and berries.
- Pick flavorings like hot sauce, salsa, and Cajun seasonings rather than creamy or sugary sauces. These flavorings not only provide flavor, but the spicy ones also turn up the digestive fires, causing your body to burn more calories.
- Try to eat slowly and put your fork or spoon down after every bite. Drink water often and talk about your day with your dining partner. If you eat slowly, you will feel contented with your meal.
- Stay away from processed foods. If you see a label with a long list of ingredients you don’t understand, don’t buy it.
- Take a walk before dinner. It not only burns calories, but cuts down on your appetite.
- Think outside the box. Shop the perimeter of the store, and eat nothing but whole foods for a week. That alone, will take the weight off.
- Order Dr. Salerno’s Silver Cloud Diet TODAY. This handy e-book is chock full of ideas and tips and recipes to help you take off 10 pounds in the first two weeks and its eeezy-peezy.