Summer is officially here which means vacations, travel, and concern about how to maintain a low-carb lifestyle while on the road, in the air, and away from home. Here are some tips to help you stay on track.
1. Bring your own snacks. Nuts and fruits make excellent choices for snack options, as well as pork skins and beef jerky. If you have the opportunity to travel with a small cooler, string cheese, Greek yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, and fresh cut veggies make great options.
2. If fast food is your only option then simply order a salad, grilled chicken breast sandwich or hamburger and remove the bun.
3. Dining out: Many restaurants now offer low-carb menu items to meet the growing demand of those 35-50 million consumers who lead a low-carb lifestyle, however, even without a separate low-carb menu, there are usually options such as steak, fish, poultry, or pork just be aware of carb heavy sauces. You can also have tomatoes, mozzarella, and olive oil or a side salad with blue cheese dressing. Fresh berries and cream make for an excellent dessert option.
4. Beverages: Drink water with fresh lemon. If you want to enjoy a cold glass of ice tea or lemonade, order it unsweetened and then add your own stevia or xylitol. For alcoholic beverages, stick with red wine or liquor. Stay away from menu cocktails as they are usually made with sugary syrups and loaded with carbs. Opt instead for a custom cocktail, for example, instead of ordering a margarita off of the menu, ask for tequila, fresh lime juice, and a splash of triple sec.
5. Try to plan vacations around the Silver Cloud Diet Detox Phase, as it can be more difficult to travel while on The Full Fat Fast.
With a little planning, you will find it is easy to travel and still follow a low-carb lifestyle.